Monday, November 05, 2012

To many holidays...

My little one have been off from school far to much. It seems that the last few years teachers have been slacking off far more then is needed! Why do they get paid so much if instructional time is being reduced? Add to that Halloween, Thanks-giving, Christmas, Valentines, Easter... Do these children ever learn a thing???? I'd gladly cut Halloween from the list of holidays needed...Mind you we would never see our neighbors if that happened. It is the only Holiday that lets you get face to face with people (Neighbors) you try to ignore all year long because they annoy you in one way or another. My vote ... Cut Halloween. Thanks-giving is a historical event that has no more meaning...I mean when was the last time you were interacting with a first nation Indian???? I certainly did not get my winter blanket or turkey from them this year... Not to mention that term "Indian giver" came from that very holiday. It was customary that they share resources with those in need. When the season changed or another had the need, they would take back items offered for 6 months to return to the elders of the tribe or new babies in the family. My vote ... Cut Thanks-giving. Christmas ... Keep, Family should be the most important part of this holiday. I recognize that many people do not have a family. I also know that some people hate their families. Still, world wars and major military conflicts have stopped for this day alone! If that is not a reason to keep this major holiday - Then you all need medical attention. It also symbolizes a major shift in religion and belief, from Jews, Christians, Baptist and more... all who mention or recognize this character named Jesus. Crazy, one baby can have such a profound effect on the entire world. I vote keep! Valentines... Well I'm not a fan. But if this is the only day of the year you can muster the courage to profess your affection then you clearly are a true capitalist! This day needs to be a regular day... Oh wait it is! - Not a real holiday! Get rid of it! Paper is a dead medium! You can't save that business of printing cards. My vote ... Cut Valentines. Easter... Seriously - this one is a touchy subject. As a christian I try to keep a sense of humor about my belief and aspects related to it. But a guy dies, then he comes back to life, we have a tale about zombies historically documented in the bible. No wonder "Hollywood" makes a fortune from un-dead style movies. Everyone relates to this one tale! I recognize that it is part of a great story... But it is far fetched. Yet medical science has proved that people can be brought back to life. Everyday people are saved in hospital emergency rooms in much the same way that is in the bible from equally deadly or worse injuries. Science, medicine, spiritual power... Whatever you call it... This is a real event today. Unfortunately over commercialized aspects really turn me off from this day. I would rather have it turn into a major educational day. A day where people learn how to save lives with more advance rescue or medical training they can apply in there everyday life. But that might never happen in my life time. My vote ... Cut Easter. Now you have something to mull over this week. -Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked your blog! It helped me alot… Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!